My client, a communications service provider, has an opening for a tech-savvy, innovative Network Sales Engineer to join their team. This is a fast-growing organization that offers ample opportunity for upward advancement as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Network Sales Engineer provides pre-sales support and application design for Complex and Enterprise voice and data products and services. The Network Sales Engineer provides technical and/or analytical support to clients and the account teams in the field with customer presentations and network design. The Network Sales Engineer will proactively promote our line of products and will educate clients on the benefits of a company’s solution.
- Network design strategy: analyze, design and price complex services, applications and network solutions (voice and data) that meet the customer’s business objectives.
- Act as a technical resource for the Sales team during the selling process.
- Assist the sales channel with proposal/RFP creation and necessary paperwork that aid in the successful completion of projects.
- Prepares cost estimates for fiber optic drops by consulting with Fiber Design and Field Operations and other professional and technical personnel.
- Act as an advisor and/or makes recommendations to sales or project team members.
- Understand industry applications and competitive products.
- Document and update internal requests in the appropriate systems.
- Stays current with technology as it pertains to communication infrastructure.
- Travel as needed
- Minimum 3 years in the telecommunications or related field.
- Previous sales engineering and sales consulting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in telecommunications/IT or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint working knowledge.
- A high energy individual with superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Capable of working independently and successfully meet goals.
- Detail oriented organizational skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems and learn quickly.
- Exercises judgment within established procedures and practices.