The Sales Executive is responsible for meeting sales targets by actively seeking and securing new business opportunities and by reselling to existing customers. He/She also nurtures relationships with existing clients and follows up to ensure all project expectations are met. This position operates under the direction of the Sales Manager with latitude for independent action and decision within existing Company administrative policies, practices, and procedures.
- Exceed sales targets by selling Company’s various products and services to manufacturers in the assigned territory.
- Hunter mentality: Aggressively prospect, develop, and close leads using a variety of sources including heavy outbound prospecting calls.
- Create and deliver sales presentations to customers, outlining the capabilities of Company’s deployment and implementation teams.
- Communicate effectively Company’s value proposition from the owner/president to the manufacturing floor, developing relationships with key stakeholders through face-to-face interactions, phone and/or electronic correspondence.
- Design and implement a strategic business plan, with the guidance of the Sales Manager, to acquire new customers and recognize sales opportunities with existing customers.
- Conduct follow up with existing customers to gauge satisfaction, upsell services, obtain referrals and set up the next sale (project).
- Identify and prospect sales leads in the assigned territory.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events, trade shows and conferences, to uncover sales leads, improve the professional network and increase market awareness of Company.
- Participate in sales forecasting for the department and use industry and customer knowledge to identify areas of potential growth.
- Assist with the development of new sales and marketing strategies and participate in new and ongoing social media campaigns.
- Utilize the CRM system to maintain records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, orders, support issues, comments, action requests, and follow up activities.
- Identify market trends and customer needs to provide input to the marketing and support teams on new services and feature requests.
- Maintain active awareness of manufacturing technologies and techniques through professional development programs, especially state-of-the-practice information concerning machinery monitoring, data collection, cybersecurity and analytics.
- Support the Company survey process with customers.
- Work with technical teams and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in consulting, business advisory and/or machining sales in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience in long sales cycles and project sales
- Experience with project leadership/management
- Experience in continuous improvement processes (ex. Lean, Six Sigma and Theory of Constraints)
- Highly preferred experience in discrete manufacturing environment Communication
(20%+) may be required to customer sites to accomplish essential requirements of the position. Requires the ability to travel by aircraft and automobile to remote locations as needed, and the ability to drive/operate an automobile.