The Community Development Manager is responsible for seeking out new residential sales opportunities. They will develop, coordinate and implement market development plans designed to maintain and increase existing business. They will secure new opportunities through the development of relationships with, but not limited to, Multi-Dwelling Unit owners, residential housing contractors, homeowners associations and retail resellers. They will work with Customer Operations and OSP to maintain a timeline and schedule that provides efficiently delivery of services to the end customer and partners.
- Perform quality work within deadlines, with or without direct supervision.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organization.
- Develop the business models that will be used to secure new residential customers through these relationships.
- Work with Finance and Marketing to develop financial models for breakeven analysis, Cost-per-Acquisition and payback analysis to evaluate new opportunities
- Secure and negotiate Utility Access Agreements and Service Provider Partnership agreements with MDU owners and working with Marketing to develop plans to secure new residential business through these partnerships
- Create and maintain a weekly sales pipeline that consist of pertinent information related to the selling of services to new partners
- Maintain existing and develop new relationships with local business entities with the purpose of elevating awareness of company within the community and thus, increasing sales
- Respond and develop proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFPs) and, upon securing new business work with other department heads and staff to coordinate the delivery of company services to the business partners’ customers
- Attend, as needed, local community, governmental and economic development events and meetings with the purpose of forwarding the agenda of company to increase our residential services to the community
- Responsible for pass growth
- Work with zoning boards, permitting authorities, MDU authorities, and market Supervisors
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing other employees/associates
- 5+ years of experience in business development, sales or marketing
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Must be detail oriented & maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously