The Medical Advertising Sales Director will build relationships with hospital and advertising clients, soliciting advertising to be placed within the hospital's patient guide and on health educational screens in hospitals and physician offices. This position will be responsible for achieving per project revenue goals and deadlines as well as managing and growing an established book of business. across an average of twelve to fifteen hospitals per year.
In addition, the position is charged with selling a suite of online services to an established base of healthcare clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and grow current book of local print and digital advertising revenue
- Represent both hospital and company in the community to communicate and sell the patient guide and/or Hospital Digital Network opportunity
- Work/meet with hospital and primary contact to launch project, including:
- Acquiring a letter from hospital to share with the community
- Conduct a working session with hospital contact and others, i.e. case management to generate advertising leads
- Gain approval from hospital on all businesses sold
- Develop and track all leads from inception to completion of project through CRM system.
- Submit all paperwork and collect all ad copy for advertisement sold
- Layout guide with all approved advertisers
- Meet deadlines with ability to sell multiple product lines
- Candidate will be expected to sell 12 to 15 projects per year
- Minimum 2 years sales experience preferably in local advertising (newspaper, radio, local publications)
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Intermediate proficiency in Salesforce.com
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to effectively manage time while working from home office
- 5% domestic travel to various meetings and/or trade shows
- 95% local territory travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or 2+ years successful sales
- Print and/or digital advertising sales experience (Newspaper, Yellow Pages, etc.)